Mindful Monday: Give your monkey mind a vacation this summer...
Let’s face it the monkey mind is busy, right?
It’s going nonstop - and rarely takes a break!
How about sending your mind on vacation this summer?
First things first:
5 minutes of meditation a day will calm and relax your busy mind. It's like a permanent vacay!
You don't have time to meditate? How much time do you have to be stressed?
Try this during the day:
Whenever the monkey mind is going full-speed…
* Stop. 'Hit the Pause Button'. Give the mind a break.
* Don’t push the thought away (the mind doesn’t like to be pushed around!). Simply acknowledge the thought and then make a choice to...
* Redirect your focus to the breath.
* Observe the breath as you inhale and as you exhale.
* On the inhale think 'peace' and on the exhale think 'calm.
Congratulations - you have just given your monkey mind a break!
The more you practice this - the more your mind will naturally be relaxed, positive and present.
Enjoy the moment!