Mindful Monday: Notice Yourself Sitting in the Chair. Yep. That’s it!
You sit at different times during the day, right?
Maybe on a beach chair or patio this past weekend!
How often do you notice how you feel when you are sitting?
Most people say - not much.
In fact, most people are rarely present with anything they do from morning to night.
Mindfulness means you are practicing being self-aware, in the moment, without judgment.
Try this mindfulness exercise…
* Anytime you are sitting (like right now!) take a moment to notice how your body feels sitting in the chair, couch, wherever.
* Do this without judgment, simply noticing.
* Notice your feet on the floor. How do they feel?
* Notice your back against the chair. How does that feel?
* Notice how your body feels from head to toe
* Breathe in and notice your breath as it moves through your body.
* Exhale. Relax and let go.
* Do one or two more mindful breaths in and out - or more if you like.
When you do this simple exercise, you are training the muscle of the mind to be still and present.
This is how change happens. One simple choice and one simple breath at a time.
Enjoy the moment!