Mindful Monday: I learned this from my coach...
I don't know about you, but I have spent years over complicating everything. Now...I'm way more interested in keeping things simple.
So of course I want to share this with you!
Neuroscience has now proven that practicing mindfulness changes the structure of your brain. That's pretty amazing, don't you think?!
How does this change happen? By making one simple choice at a time.
Change doesn't happen overnight. It is a process.
I am learning about this from my business coach Pat Mussieux.
Pat is teaching me the importance of implementing simple systems and habits every day - to be more efficient, more successful and have more time to enjoy my life.
It is about being consistent.
In the beginning, I wanted EVERYTHING to change all at once. As a result, I felt so overwhelmed that I didn't do anything! Can you relate?
Now - I am introducing one new habit or system at a time and when I feel I have embraced it, I can add another one. I love it!
This is how you create long-lasting habits and sustainable results.
This is how you practice mindfulness.
You practice doing 1 simple thing over and over and over again - and it will eventually become the natural way of doing things.
This week you could choose 1 thing you would like to practice.
Make a commitment.
Write it down.
And 'Just do it!' (It's my new favourite motto. Thanks Nike. )
* Stop. Pause and Observe your breath during the day.
* Meditate for 5-20 minutes every day.
* When you wake up avoid 'plugging in' and going to your phone right away.
* Before you open your Inbox. Stop. Take 3 breaths and set your intention for the day.
* When you drive be present and aware of your surroundings.
* When you are Listening - pay attention to what the person is saying.
* Go for a walk in nature - and be aware of your surroundings.
* Focus on what you are grateful for - this is simple and it's a game changer.
To your peace & well-being,