Mindful Mondays: Rarely present. Stressed. Don't know how to live in the moment?
What I love about practicing mindfulness is that it is a practice.
This is one of my favourite ways of describing how to practice mindfulness during the day.
Are you ready?
Anytime you become aware you aren't present– surprise! You are present.
This is good news.
In that moment of awareness, you then have a choice.
(Because if you aren't aware that you aren't aware - there appears to be no choice...got it? that's a bit of a mind bender, isn't it?)
You can choose to keep on thinking that thought that is taking you away from the moment or....
What does mindfulness look like?
* There is no need to push the thought way. Simply notice or acknowledge it.
* Think to yourself'That's interesting my mind is thinking that.'
* Take a few mindful breaths.
* Feel the breath moving through your body on the inhale and exhale.
* And then bring your focus back to whatever you are doing.
You have just trained your mind to be present.
This is how change happens - one simple choice at a time.
To your peace + well-being,